This week is Active Week and Mindfulness Week. We are going to get moving and also look after our wellbeing that little bit more. We hope you enjoy this week and use it to refresh, reflect and focus on your mind and body. Each day there will be two active activities and one mindfulness activity. Enjoy!
Firstly, we as a school are going to walk around Ireland. I want you to walk a kilometre or more each day and send me how many kilometres you do each day to the school’s Facebook messenger. We hope to reach 4,000km by Friday evening which is the distance around Ireland.
Next, each day we will post a magic word with an exercise attached. Someone in the house says this word throughout the day and you must do the exercise. For example, monkey = 5 jumping jacks.
Ms. J Kavanagh and Ms. Waters
Magic Word: Monkey. Whenever someone says this word you must do five jumping jacks!
Today’s active work this morning is a Zumba class. See the links below!
This afternoon’s activity is Balloon Soccer. If you have balloons, then great! Blow them up and have fun playing a game of soccer. How many do you think will burst? If you don’t have balloons, that’s fine. Use socks to roll up and use this a ball or you could just use a soccer ball.
For mindfulness today, we want you to focus on your breathing.
- Spend three minutes focusing on your breathing.
- Where in your body do you feel it the most? Your nose? Your belly?
- Be aware of the sensation of the in breath and the out breath.
- Just notice the normal rhythm of your breathing and if the mind wanders, gently bring it back and focus on your breathing
- Continue for 3 minutes and enjoy the calm this exercise brings you.